Spring and summer are definitely my favorite times of year. Everything is fresh and new and delicious, offering prime time to to make fresh and delicious meals and drinks. If you don’t follow my Facebook or Instagram, you may have missed the incredibly fresh and delicious, watermelon basil margaritas I made this weekend. I’m still thinking about them and looking forward to the next occasion, or taco night to enjoy them. 🙂 They were certainly a nice treat at the end of the day and a great way to kick-off the weekend. Here’s the recipe for the fresh and delicious watermelon basil margarita with a kid twist (below):
Watermelon Basil Margaritas ~ makes 3 servings
-4.5 oz tequila
-1.5 limes freshly squeezed
-1.5 oz triple sec
-1 bunch of basil leaves
-1.5 oz of watermelon juice, plus more to top-off
1. Muddle basil leaves, watermelon and lime juice in a cocktail shaker
2. Add tequila, triple sec and ice
3. Secure the top and shake-up!
4. Pour into glasses with crushed ice
5. Top off with a little more watermelon juice for color and a sprig of basil
“For the Kids…”
(10 points to anyone who gets the reference!)
– 2 oz watermelon juice
– 1 oz fresh squeezed lime or lemon juice
– splash of sparkling water
1. Combine all the ingredients in a small cup or juice glass filled with crushed ice
2. Garnish with a sprig of basil and a reusable straw
If your kids are okay with green leaves, feel free to muddle the basil with the lime and watermelon juice before adding the sparkling water.
Sip and enjoy!!
What are your favorite summer cocktails?
I’d love to hear! Leave a comment to let me know. And if you like this and my other content, please like and follow on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest. It always means a lot when you do! There’s more to come! Stay tuned…