You know I love some good cocktails. One thing I miss the most about “normal life” is going out on a date with my husband or seeing some friends and enjoying a delicious cocktail. This is why I’ve started to tackle cocktail mixology at home during lockdown. My latest concoction was the Blackberry Rosemary Martini.
It was pretty simple to mix together and it turned out to be a very light, sweet and aromatic drink. Quite the flavor combo! I think it’s perfect for this time of year. The color with the green garnish from the rosemary can take you through the holidays. Although, blackberries won’t be in season much longer. In that case, you can use frozen blackberries. I’m all about seasonality and everything in it’s own time. Here’s the recipe for the Blackberry Rosemary Martini ~
Blackberry Rosemary Martini
- Cocktail shaker
- Muddler (optional)
- Measuring cup or cocktail jigger
- Your favorite cocktail or martini glass
- Fine mesh strainer
- 1/4 cup Fresh blackberries If blackberries are not in season, use frozen blackberries that have been thawed
- 2 oz Honey water Honey water is just like simple syrup – 1/4 cup of honey mixed with 1/4 cup of warm or hot water to dissolve
- 3 sprigs Fresh rosemary
- 4 oz Gin or vodka Pick your fave! Both taste great in this drink!
- 1 splash Belvior Fruit Farms Elderflower and Rose Lemonade or Belvior Fruit Farms Ginger Beer Either/or. Both taste great in this cocktail
- In the shaker, muddle the blackberries and 1 sprig of rosemary together until the blackberries are well smushed and the rosemary oils are fragrant
- Add in the 2 oz of honey water and 4 oz of gin or vodka
- Add the ice, cover and shake
- Use the fine mesh strainer to catch any blackberry pulp as you pour into your cocktail or martini glass
- Add a splash of the Belvior Fruit Farms Elderflower and Rose Lemonade or Ginger Beer
- Garnish each glass with the remaining 2 sprigs of rosemary
- Sip and enjoy!
Just to clarify too, I really like Belvoir Fruit Farms drinks. I don’t have any affiliation with them. I don’t like soda so I barely drink it. But the Elderflower and Rose Lemonade is lightly bubbly and refreshing. It was wonderful all throughout the summer. The Ginger Beer is really gingery which I LOVE and think is a great flavor addition to drinks – just a splash here and there and you can’t go wrong.
I hope you enjoy! Have you picked up any new hobbies during lockdown? Let me know in the comments!